Saturday 16 January 2016

Beekeeping statistics

Bee Labour Boy has been furiously making beehive boxes. And they are making quite a stack in the garage.


And the drying rack of completed and dipped boxes is getting a bit low.


So I volunteered to help dip them. Yippee, I thought, a fun adventure.
WRONG! It was quite good fun for the first 10 minutes, then it became deeply un-glamorous (yeah, I know, the other bee boys have been making millions of these, what is my problem?). 


So I compiled some statistics, to help time pass:
Boxes in a batch: 6
Total number of batches: 28
Total number of boxes dipped: 168
Time taken: 3 hours

Steps taken for each batch, garage to dipping vat (me): 150 steps
Steps taken for each batch, dipping vat to rack (a bit of me): 840 steps

Screws per box: 20
Total screws (used by Bee Labour Boy): 3360

Squares of chocolate eaten: 18 (2 people)
Water drunk: 2L
Weight each box, undipped: 4Kg
1 calorie = 10 steps carrying box
Calories per hour: 300 (yep, not quite the choc intake)

Plus the oil dipper Bee Man and his efforts. But he is practiced, having done heaps before, so that doesn't really count, does it?


Here they are, drying on the rack.


And look at all this space, ready for Bee Labour Boy to get cracking on making more.


No comments:

Post a Comment