Friday 25 March 2016

New Season Honey


 

Here it is! One of our first off the production line - a lovely pot of new honey. Most of our honey goes off to the wholesaler for sale by others. But we've kept some back to put in these lovely pots as part payment to our excellent farm hosts. So the crew have their work cut out to produce a few hundred of these. 

I wrote a couple of blog posts ago about my brother's honey, and the rata v kamahi, which got me to thinking...how do you tell? I think it must be one of those things like wine tasting or cheese experts, an acquired taste developed over decades, which would apply for my brother. But not me, so I can't tell what is in this honey, but anyone who receives one, feedback welcome!

It needs fresh homemade sourdough bread to go with it of course, see this blog post or you could use it to sweeten sugar free muesli, see this blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment